Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content




Enrolments for 2019 are now open!

Enrolling at our school is an important and exciting process.

View the Department's Prep Ready Reckoner Calculator to determine when your child can commence their preparatory year.
Parents or carers wishing to enrol children at Sunset State School need to complete the Student Enrolment Forms 2019.pdfStudent Enrolment Forms 2019.pdf  for each child wishing to be enrolled and submit to the Principal via e-mail, post or dropping into our school office.
Mail: Sunset State School, Abel Smith Parade, Mount Isa QLD 4825.
If emailing the application for student enrolment, please leave the signature block. This can be signed at the interview.
Once the application for student enrolment is received, you will be contacted to arrange an enrolment interview. You will need to prepare for the interview and bring certain documents for the Principal to sight. Without the correct documents the enrolment cannot proceed.
Please bring the following items to the enrolment interview:
  • you and the children applying for enrolment
  • each child’s birth certificate or passport
  • proof of residency e.g. rates notice, electricity notice, proof of purchase or lease agreement
  • a current passport and visa is required for any child born overseas.

New students and their families may also be interested in viewing our:

Religious instruction classes are available at Sunset State School. The faith groups who provide approved instructors to deliver religious instruction are Christian and are facilitated by Mrs Lorna Fisher.

Students are allocated to these classes in accordance with the information provided on the completed Parent Notice for Religious Instruction form (PDF, 23 KB). This information remains operational unless the parent informs the school otherwise in writing.
Students who are not participating in religious instruction will participate in Literacy or Numeracy programs.
If you cannot download the document/s linked from this page, please contact us and we will provide a copy via the school office.